The charity uses the following criteria for pupils and schools:
- Pupils: talented, motivated, insufficient means to pay school fees
- Schools: school management and teachers act as role models and are rooted in the local community
- Schools: have a network of future employers
- Schools: have a system to follow alumni
- Schools: offer a wide range of subjects: writing, reading, calculating, English and ‘gender’ courses + the skill courses + administration for the start-up of a business.
Since the beginning of the school year of 2015-2016, the charity sponsors 45 pupils in five skill centres, which means that the number of pupils sponsored is again reduced. Unfortunately, our income continues to decrease. Keep supporting us! The young people in Africa really get a good chance to find a good job.
Date: 4 December 2014 – Mr. Phoday S. Touray, our Local Manager for ‘The Gambian Children First’ Foundation, has compiled and written a report on our supported Skill Centers in Gambia. Supported Skillcenters – nov 2014.pdf.
Basse Insight Training Centre
10 pupils are sponsored in the school year 2015-2016. This school, located in the east of the country (Upper River Region), is a good … [read more]
Simma Vocational Training Institute & Women’s Resource Centre
In the school year 2015-2016, we can pay the school fees for 9 pupils at pre-vocational level… [read more]
Sobeya Skills Training Centre (APGWA)
In the school year 2015-2016, we pay the school fees for 11 pupils. This training centre is exclusively for girls. Besides the course… [read more]
Presidents’ Award Scheme
8 pupils are sponsored in the school year 2015-2016.
It is a big, simply equipped school with a pleasant atmosphere. The school has … [read more]
Taku Legaye Skills Centre
In the school year 2015-2016, we pay the school fees for 7 pupils. The school is established in Serekunda. The school, stemming from the Women’s Movement, … [read more]